Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Let Go with a Smile

It is important to remember it's okay to move on or to change your mind. It's like an "E" ticket ride at Walt Disney World....(so I am dating myself there)... but it was a heck of a ride-- smile once it's over because it was worth every minute!

It is extremely hard to let go. It's been a year of letting go. We let go of our puppy of thirteen years, we let go of a career after twenty-one years and recently, a home away from home.  The year is barely half over so there are probably more changes to come. But as I let go of that last one, a home away from home, I thought to myself that I might not have a conversation with these people again and I want to be remembered for the positive things that I did and the positive things that I said. The situation was handled with class and grace.

I let go with a smile. I can be proud of that.

Things I know for sure....the Good Lord don't like Ugly. (Thank you Miss Carla!) Never bump your head in the same place twice. (Thank you Aunt Jackie!) You really should treat others like you would like to be treated. (We all know where that one came from.) First time, shame on me--second time, shame on you. (Thanks Dad!) What doesn't kill you--Makes you stronger. (Thank you Lori!) In the end, it's all okay. If it's not okay, then it's not the end. (I have no idea where I got that one.)

So, there's my nickel--Keep it positive.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment