Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bullseye!

Took my first trip to Target since I started couponing. There isn't a Target close to us so it is a bit out of the way. I thought it just might be worth it--and it was! I spent $6.48 and saved $18.89! Oh, what fun!!

Here's how it breaks down. I bought 2 sure deodorants on sale for $1.50 each. I used 2 $1.00 coupons from the paper making them .50 cents each. I bought the Renu contact solution on sale for $5.99.  I used one coupon from renu.com and one coupon from Target.com. Both were $2.00 coupons making the contact solution $1.99. (I hear Walgreens has a deal coming up on the Renu contact solution next week.) I am still building my coupon binder and school supplies are now 75% off. I purchased a pair of scissors for .37 cents regularly $1.50, a binder for my daughter (Had to drag her into this with me...can't go it alone!) $2.50 regularly $10.00, and one more set of index dividers for her as well. Those were .25 cents regularly $1.00.

The little cashier man almost forgot my coupons. Luckily, he remembered because I would've forgotten. But he said he remembered because he did forget a ladies the other day and she picked them up and threw them at him. He said she was quite serious about her couponing! He took it in stride and had a good attitude about it. It was quite funny the way he told the story....but we all have to remember that everyone is doing the best that they can!

Side note: www.ValueMags.com has Popular Science--one year subscription--no strings attached for FREE. (Once on their site, click on free magazines.) Just make sure you uncheck the please email other specials etc. box. If you have a current subscription to the magazine, it will be added to end of it. It's our favorite word folks--FREE!! Keep Smiling! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment